Friday, November 30, 2007

I did it..

I did it... I joined an online dating service. Actually I belong to two of them. One is free, which is always good, and the other I pay for. I like the free one because it has message boards. Which is great because it's like an online coffee shop. You can see how others really think about things, and I've made some good friends there. It's also very casual, so not a lot of pressure to "hook up". The other one on the other hand... your spending your hard earned money on it and it is all business. I guess that's what we've come to in today's world. Finding "love" in cyberspace. I do have at least one friend that succeeded. They met online when meeting online wasn't so popular. They have been married like 6 or 7 years now! And I have heard of other success stories, so I know it does happen....but could it happen to me. We shall see.

I do know that God knows the story and right now as I sit here and write this, He is working on my behalf to shape, and mold my life into what He sees will be for my ultimate good. Jer 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
Isaiah 25:1 "O LORD, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will praise Your name, for You have done wonderful things, even purposes planned of old [and fulfilled] in faithfulness and truth".
I love these verses, they make me think of that hymn "Great is Thy faithfulness"

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Refrain

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

I knew you needed to see the words, I can hear it in my head. It reminds of the church we went to growing up in Ill.(That's another post!)
I know my mom used to "sing' this hymn to me "Trust and Obey" , this line was what I always heard Trust and obey for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey.

Hmm I seem to remember having trouble with the obey part...still do sometimes. BUT I am getting better at it, and the trusting is easier to. :) Love you mom!

I thank God for His faithfulness, that He is slow to anger, but abounding in Love. I thank Him for being perfect and just, and not giving me what I deserve. Instead taking my place and covering me. Pleading my case for me to God the Father while the enemy tries to come against me. Micah 7:8,9 Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. 9I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness.

So while I sit and cruise through profile's rejecting some and being rejected by some. I know the Lord is in control, and He is working on my behalf so that He will get all the Glory. Because "He who promised is faithful!".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A hearty yea and Amen to all you said my friend! He who has began a good work in you shall Himself bring it to completion. Glad to hear you trust the Lord enough to patiently endure the dating services. As you wait upon the Lord He promises to give you new strength and blessings!!!