Oh it's a cold day in New England, today! A high of 33f chiiilly, to chilly for me! I'm sitting here in front of the wood stove and feeling deliciously warm! It's supposed to snow here today then tonight change to rain, yuck. Snow is only good when you don't have to go out in it. So now that I have updated you with the weather forecast...!
Day's like today, the first snow of the season, makes me think of my dad. Though he is comfy warm in Florida, he would love today's weather. I can here him now giving everyone a hard time about it snowing. Saying "yeah, alright!" It made me miss him today at church. I do miss seeing my parents, it was very hard for me when they moved. I was brainwashed as a child that "family is all that matters! we may not have a lot for Christmas but at least we are all together." Then when they were telling us that they were moving, it all changed. " we're close to Disney, when you come down you can do this, or this..." I want to know what happened to family being together is whats important! I pretty much had a fit and stomped my feet, it was real pretty. Then they moved anyway...
I got over it, though it took me awhile. God was wanting to change and deepen my faith. It usually is not fun when God takes us from our comfort zone and "stretches" us. As I look back now I am so glad for it. I don't think I would be where I am today in my faith, or in my friendships if I hadn't walked that path. I knew God was going to do something big. After my parents left I was babysitting for one of my sisters and was watching, T.D. Jakes, he was talking about David and Goliath. He was saying how when Saul lent his armor to David it didn't fit, because his armor was a picture of faith. David couldn't defeat Goliath with Saul's faith, we can't survive trials and tribulations with "your mama's faith, or your friends faith" it has to be our faith.
That really spoke to me because up to that point I was very emotionally dependent on my parents and sisters. I was very comfortable, and content, to just be. While sometimes we may just need to be, and stay put for a minute. God usually doesn't have us staying put to long. He loves us to much to allow us to become stagnant
Luke 22:32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers." God also promises to draw near to us if we would draw near to him. He has kept that promise so many times. My faith has grown so much, yet I know I have so much farther to go. It's amazing how great.... God is. He is constantly blowing me away with His goodness. I feel stupid sometimes when I doubt Him, then He always comes through with flying colors. Eph 3:20 "...He is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think..."
I want to include some of my favorite Psalm. Because with God I know I can do anything, even defeat the giants in my life, you can too.
Psalm 18:28-36 "For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. 29For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. 30As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
31For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?
32It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
33He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.
34He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
35Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.
36Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
The snow IS cool! The fire is even better and of course adds the perfect touch to the cold of the outside.:-)
I love this Psalm as well...
Have you read Hinds Feet on High Places?
If you have, you already know that it makes this Psalm come alive.
It is a worthy read.
Yes I have read Hinds Feet. It was very inspiring! Thank you for letting me post your pic, Miss Christa, it is the perfect touch to this log.
Love ya
April
Thank you for the lovely compliments you give me regarding my pictures. Love you, too.
Post a Comment