I love this photo, it reminds me of a Norman Rockwell picture. The little girl I nanny for is on the right. She is a little princess. We had a friend over that day to bake Christmas cookies, play and eat to much sugar! It was a lot of fun! I really enjoy being a nanny and baking with my little friend, she loves to "help" like most kids at that age. The girls were watching the cookies bake, waiting for them to be done.
I remember my mom didn't work when I was in elementary school. So mom was always there when we got home from school. She had a snack waiting for us or if we had a half day of school she would have sandwiches and lunch ready for us when we got home. We would come inside and smell homemade chicken noodle soup cooking with the noodles drying on the counter, or homemade bread warm from the oven. We always loved my moms pizza! My oldest sister even called from camp in Montana to get my moms recipe!
My mom also used to make our Easter Sunday dresses every year, we all had the same pattern but we got to pick out our own fabric. I remember a strawberry print bathing suit she made me. I can remember her sitting on the couch cross stitching, or crocheting something. I always think of her as "crafty" and creative with things like that. I think that's why I look forward to being a mom. She gave us such great memories.
Mom wasn't perfect, and I know that raising four girls could not have been easy, but what I remember is feeling loved and warm inside.
Proverbs 31:25-30
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
I love you Mom and thanks for always being there for me. ~April

No comments:
Post a Comment